[pdftex] utils.cpp - buffer overflow

Thomas Weise weise at vs.uni-kassel.de
Thu Jan 17 11:20:03 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a rather large document which contains Unicode
(Chinese) characters. The document itself is fully
correct, which I have tested by dividing it into
two documents and compiling them separately (which
worked out perfectly).

However, when I compile the large document I get:

"!pdfTeX error: (file c:/Program
Files/LaTeX/MiKTeX/fonts/truetype/cyberbit.ttf): buffer overflow at file
C:\work3\miktex-2.7-nmake\Programs\TeXAndFriends\pdftex\utils.cpp , line
182
==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!"

I assume that has something to do with memory consumption
because of the size of my document.
(which is too large for email [yes, even with zip] and too
Chinese for compiling without complex setup)

Kind Regards,
Thomas.

  Dipl.-Inf. Thomas Weise
  Distributed Systems Group, University of Kassel
  Wilhelmshöher Allee 73, D-34121 Kassel, Germany
  Tel. : +49 (0)561 804 62 83
  Fax. : +49 (0)561 804 62 77
  Email: weise at vs.uni-kassel.de, tweise at gmx.de
  Web  : http://www.it-weise.de/