[pdftex] bug with included transparent graphics

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Tue Jan 1 09:05:40 CET 2008

James Quirk pisze:
>>> Martin Schröder pisze:
>>> kpdf and gs (8.56). No difference, which makes me think it's an AR bug.
>>>
>> Rather overactive and somewhat annoying feature of output color
>> simulation. What can be considered a bug is implicit switching to the
>> color simulation mode if any transparency / softmask is present.
>
> Pawel, is the selection of the color simulation mode under user
> control? I don't see how to unset it with Linux AR8.1.x.

Not in Reader. Reader makes this simulation implicitly and afaik you
cannot switch that off. (Same with overprint; compare overprinted black
and knocked-out black in Reader -- the first looks black indeed, the
second is somewhat grayish or brownish). afair all that soft proof stuff
began with acro v6.0 and is (somehow) controlable in full Acrobat.

In meantime I started to doubt if we all talk about the same issue. I
blamed the implicit tocmyk conversion as long as seeing tukan example,
where the blue banner simply becomes violet. I wasn't that sure with the
green square on gray bground (where the color switch is less noticeable,
at least for my eye), but adobeforums seems to confirm.

Cheers,
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl