[pdftex] Positioning graphic in header line.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Feb 5 01:29:12 CET 2008

I have a graphic representation that is a bit higher than the normal typeface.
I want to position this graphic in the verso page header line. I am having
trouble establishing the same baseline on recto and verso pages. Here is what
I have so far:
\pdfvorigin 1.500in
\headline={%
\iftitlepage \hfil\global\titlepagefalse \else
\global\footline{}
\gentleheadline \fi
}
\pdfximage{lean.png}
\def\gentleheadline{%
\ifodd\pageno
 \sl\authorname\hfil\bf\folio\rm
    \else
   \raise 1.7in\hbox{\bf\folio}\hfil\raise 1.7in\hbox{\pdfrefximage 1}\rm
    \fi
}
For some reason the more I raise the two components the lower they show on the
page.

Parts of this code are obviously lifted from "A Gentle Introduction to TeX."

The actual vertical dimension of the graphic is .3 inches.  I just want the
headlines, left and right to have the same baselines.

--
John Culleton