[pdftex] Setting annotation flags in links created by hyperref

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Apr 16 11:33:12 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:27:52PM -0600, David Rendon wrote:

> I need to set the "Print" annotation flag for each link created by
> hyperref, in order to get Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 to generate a
> PDF/A compliant file from the PDF created by pdftex.
>
> (For those lost, I'm talking about the 'F' key described in Tables
> 8.15 (page 606) and 8.16 (page 608) of the PDF Reference found here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_reference.pdf
>   )
>
> So far, I have been able to do so by editing the PDF with a hex editor
> and inserting "/F 4" for every link. That's of course not very user-
> friendly.

Now I have seen the PDF/A standard and was able to implement a
new option `pdfa' for hyperref 6.77p. It tries to avoid violations
of PDF/A, see README. However, many thinks aren't controlled by
hyperref, thus a post-processing step is usually necessary.
But perhaps Adobe Acrobat is now happy.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>