[pdftex] FYI: Feature Requests for Adobe Reader

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 10:18:07 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:59 PM, Ross Moore <ross at ics.mq.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>

>  Use the same button over the '7'. It toggles visibility.

Affirmative

> > reopen document), nor move it,
> >

>  The pop-up tells you how: Shift-click on the image,
>  then it should follow mouse movements until you
>  click (no Shift) the image again to anchor it.

Affirmative too; did not notice hint popup

>  It could have a whole window, with selection bars and
>  resize button, and close button. But PDF doesn't give
>  an easy way to do this, that I knew of at the time;
>  and if it doesn't work in all PDF browsers,
>  then why spend the effort?

I am afraid it does not work on any browser but AR anyway. But the
whole bar would just clog. I think that you *must* implement this
trick  in the package (would be very nice with beamer).

>  Yes; not many people know about the new things that PDF allows.
>
>  You'll even find that most conference PDFs do not even
>  use bookmarks, to provide quick access to the abstracts
>  of their talks/presentations. That is technology that
>  has been around for 10+ years now!

People just don't put \usepackage[bookmarks]{hyperref} leave alone
setting levels. However I noticed that use of beamer grew up
exponentially during a couple of years, some presentations going
beyond basics

Victor