[pdftex] [CTAN] Update: animate

James Quirk jjq at galcit.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 21 14:19:30 CEST 2007

Alexander,

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Alexander Grahn wrote:

> The `buttonSetIcon' Form Field method is also affected. It required
> Forms-Enabled if used in the JavaScript action of a /PO Event). This
> was the original reason for my migrating to OCGs instead of further
> manipulating button icons.
After further poking around it seems that many field properties's
are read only in a /PO event (e.g. alignment, borderStyle,
buttonAlignX, ..., rect, userName), unless the document is
forms-enabled. I would say all, but f.delay seems to work.

Now in the case of the buttonSetIcon method it
must be setting a field property, albeit a private one,
and so it's not surprising the method fails.

My real concern is outlined in my messages to Adobe.
The latest js_api_reference.pdf document lists all
the Field properties as being limited to forms-enabled
documents. Therefore is the "bug" with /PO a pre-cursor
to a complete tightening up of the access to Field
proerties and methods further down the track. From
their initial response, it would seem not. But one
never knows. Hence my request for Adobe to clarify
the situation.

Cheers,

James