[pdftex] pdftex Digest, Vol 57, Issue 13

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at fzd.de
Wed Oct 31 22:38:04 CET 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 11:51:01AM +0000, James A. Bednar wrote:
>However, PDF is far from being the only multipage graphical format.
Of course. But it is, if we neglect jbig2, the only embeddable one.
>It would be great to be able to animate multi-page TIFF files, or MNG
>files (http://www.libpng.org/pub/mng/), or animated GIF89a files,
The file formats that can be embedded depend on the output driver, not on
animate. It is Postscript with dvips and pdf, png, jpeg, jbig2, metapost
generated PS with pdfTeX.
>because it's rather messy to have to split up a file that may have
>hundreds of frames.
I don't see a problem here. Put them into a subdirectory and TeX, pdfTeX
or Ghostscript, if well configured, will find them easily.

Alexander