[pdftex] Pale print with Adobe Reader

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:41:42 CET 2007

"George N. White III" <gnwiii at gmail.com> writes:

> What exactly is "garbage"?  There have been problems with font
> encodings.  Did you try "dvips -P pdf file.dvi -o"?

Thanks, that seems to work! :)

Now, trying to sum up: if I want to print my TeX document with MS Windows Adobe
Acrobat, I'll have to use ptmr, ptmri, ptmb in place of, respectively, cmr,
cmti, cmbx, and then do:

 $ tex file.tex
 $ dvips -P pdf file.dvi -o
 $ ps2pdf file.ps

. Apart from the fact that the beauty of cmr is lost with ptmr, how can I
replace cmmi, cmsy, cmbx, cmex, cmtt?

Thanks,
Rodolfo