[pdftex] pdftex supported formats: what about 3d objects?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 22:41:54 CET 2007

On 3/2/07, Paolo Cignoni <cignoni at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the fast and prompt reply!
> I did not know the movie15 package, it seems exactly what i need :)
> I will make some experiment and i will add a short tutorial on the
> wiki of MeshLab.

The main problem with u3d + TeX is the lack of tools to create u3d.
Maple and Mathematica do not create it (may be Maple 11?) and I could
find only some CAD tools. The Dice seems to be the singular popular
example.

However quick look at meshlab does not show u3d as export/import
format. So unless there are any translators it is not very useful for
creation of pdf docs