[pdftex] (pdf)bookmarks creation

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Dec 18 23:16:54 CET 2007

On Friday 14 December 2007 03:37:32 pm Victor Ivrii wrote:
> I would like to change the number of levels bookmarks are created (to
> be different from toc). How can I do this?
>
> Thank you. Victor

In pdftex this is easy. Bookmarks are generated by one piece of code, and TOC
entries by another.  But in pdflatex much of this manipulation is hidden from
view.   Still you could try just a straight TOC without bookmarking and add
individual bookmarks with
\pdfoutline (etc)

The definition of this command in the pdftex manual is somewhat compressed but
good examples exist on page 16 of samplepdf.tex

--
John Culleton