[pdftex] Strategies to embed existing pdf documents into tex source file, but not as a graphic?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 00:40:01 CEST 2006

On 9/3/06, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

>   > I am wondering if the followin is possible:
>
>   > I'd like to embed an existing "file.pdf" into my "source.tex" The
>   > existing pdf file may be several pages long with page settings
>   > that are smaller than source.tex's.  Ideally, the resulting pdf
>   > would have a little sub-window with scrollbar and the bookmarks of
>   > file.pdf would be available to source.pdf.  i.e., something that
>   > emulates \includegraphics specifically for pdf documents:
>   > \includesubpdf[width=6in,height=3in]{file.pdf}
>
> Try
>
>      texdoc pdfpages
>
> pdfpages does not provides scrollbars.  BTW., if you specify a width
> and a height, in most cases you also want to add the option
> "keepaspectratio".
>
> Regards,
>   Reinhard

AFAIK the absence of scrollbar in the internal window is a limitation
of PDF, not of any package.

Alternatively you can try attachfile or attachfile2, embedfile
packages (two latter are part of updated oberdiek).

Another approach I can think about is to convert foo.pdf file into
foo.mov and insert it using movie15 (the result will be insane
monstrosity).