[pdftex] ToUnicode map and virtual fonts

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 11:53:12 CEST 2006

Hi Werner,

I have changed the code to follow Adobe recommendations.
Before I submit the patch to sarovar, there are a few things
on which I would like to hear your opinions first:

1. what should be put into glyphtounicode.tex?

2. the feature works only for Type1 fonts at the moment. The
first request for this feature came from ChoF to make it
work with subfont, but then I was told that it's no longer
needed as it can be done via macro. Then someone else asked
to support it for Minion. It is possible to make it work
with truetype fonts too, but I need to learn more about this
topic first.

3. although I changed the code so that \pdfglyphtounicode
can handle charcode > 0xFFFF, I have no experience at all
with such cases. Can you (or some cjk user) provide some
examples?

Thanh