[pdftex] pdfTex-form, submit-button

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Fri Nov 17 06:00:56 CET 2006

On 17/11/2006, at 2:55 PM, twma wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> The index.php is linked to formTest.pdf
> It successfully opens formTest.pdf created by pdfTex
>
> When I click the submit button in formTest.pdf in order to activate
> Act.php,
>
> I get an error message:
>    You need to be running inside a web browser in order to submit
> this form

That could well be true.
What PDF browser are you using?
It may not be web-enabled.

> \begin{Form}[method=POST, encoding=html,
> action="http://www.maths.uwa.edu.au/\string~twma/friends/testing/
> Act.php"]

Remove those "  characters.
They are not needed, and are quite wrong.
When I try your example, at your site via a web-browser, I get:

The requested URL
   /~twma/friends/testing/"http://www.maths.uwa.edu.au/~twma/friends/
testing/Act.php"
was not found on this server.

That is, the " makes the URL a relative one, rather than absolute.

> Name: \TextField[name=yourName,value={}]{}
>
> \bigskip
>
> \Submit{Send} \qquad\qquad \Reset{Clear}
>
> \end{Form}\end{document}

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au