[pdftex] embedfile and links to children

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 08:28:52 CET 2006

On 11/3/06, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 01:53:39PM +0100, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
> > Example below works perfectly (with names yellow.pdf and blue.pdf
> > instead of dummy3 and foobar3.pdf) However I had both yellow.pdf and
> > blue.pdf had links to the parent via
> >
> > /T<<
> >      /R/P
>
> > with /A 1 and /A 0 respectively in the second first to be attached.
> > These two links broke. I tried to fix them but failed.

Thanks! I already figured out and fixed it. Do I understand correctly:

Embedded: one cannot embed in foo.pdf two files with the same name and
embedded files are recognized by their names.

Attached: they are not recognized by their names but by their
annotation numbers (aka Comments in Acrobat) and one of the main
achievements in new oberdiek collection is that now one can give them
`annotation names' (acting in the manner of equation \label so that
new attachment does change numbers of all after it but it does not
break links).
However in this case it is not clear how this info could be
transferred to all other attached or embedded files so their
references to their siblings are not broken.

=====

I also understand that only UNIX files could be attached/embedded but
not directories (some Mac OS files and most of applications are
directories in the UNIX sense). Surely one can compress directory into
a single file but is there f.e. a regular way to achieve the
following: to attach or embed myhtml together with two png files it
refers to so the resulting attached html will be displayed properly?

Best                Victor