[pdftex] bug report: pdflatex given segmentation fault

Pieter Eendebak eendebak at math.uu.nl
Fri May 19 18:13:40 CEST 2006

Hi!

Running pdflatex (version is at the end of this mail) on the following
file gives a segmentation fault:

###################
\documentclass[a4paper,10pt]{article}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}

\section{Test}

\begin{figure}
\centering
%\includegraphics[width=11cm]{equivalence-diagram.eps}
\includegraphics[width=11cm]{equivalence-diagram.pdf}
\caption{The method of equivalence}
\label{figure:flow diagram equivalence method}
\end{figure}

\end{document}
###################

The problem is in the PDF file (I have attached it). It was generated
using ps2pdf from an eps file generated with PSTricks. Even though the
fault is probably in de PDF file, pdflatex should not give a
segmentation fault.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

kind regards,
Pieter Eendebak

pdflatex -version:

pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
kpathsea version 3.5.4
Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
Kpathsea is copyright (C) 1997-2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfeTeX copyright and
the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files
named COPYING and the pdfeTeX source.
Primary author of pdfeTeX: Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh
(pdfTeX).
Kpathsea written by Karl Berry and others.