[pdftex] Graphics for pdflatex and memoir.sty

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jan 3 21:59:51 CET 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 12:52 pm, Olaf Dietrich wrote:
> John R. Culleton (2006-01-03T09:00:52-0500):
> > Commentary:
> > Why does an old LaTeX avoider like me turn to pdflatex? Well the
> > book is in MSWord Doc format with lots of italics and footnotes.
> > The easiest way to transmute this lead into gold while keeping
> > those features intact is to:
> > 1. Save it as an rtf file from Open Office.
> > 2. Use rtf2latex2e to create the raw LaTeX file.
> > 3. Edit the heck out of that file to remove the inevitable
> > superfluous code.
>
> Have you checked writer2latex with the -ultraclean or -clean
> option? That might reduce the amount of superfluous code, see
> <URL:http://www.hj-gym.dk/~hj/writer2latex/>
>
> Olaf

Well we are back on the infamous installation merry-go-round. Perhaps I
will try writer2latex when I have the time. Unfortunately the
author chose a replacement for makefile called ant So to install
writer2latex you need ant. To install ant you need...(etc.)

It would have been a lot more user-friendly to just use makefile.
As of now rtf2latex seems to work OK. But thanks for the tip.
I'll look into it on a less busy rainy day.
--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: