[pdftex] Hyperlinks and scaling

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Sep 21 10:30:31 CEST 2005

Dario Teixeira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whenever I scale an image containing hyperlinks, the
> links themselves are not scaled, causing them to be
> placed in all the wrong places.
>
> This seems to be a known problem:
> http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/pdftex/2004-August/005300.html
>
> My question is: is there a solution in the works, perhaps
> even already included in one of the latest versions?
> (I am using pdftex version 3.14159-1.10b, from the TeTeX
> distribution included in Fedora 3).  If not, is it planned?

annotations are in a separate coordinate space and when pdftex calculates their positions it has no knowledge about the cm values at that time

the only way to handle that (has been discussed in the past, but was considered to be complex to implement) is to introduce primitives for scaling and such

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE