[pdftex] problems with links to theorems in other chapters

Teague Ruder twr119 at psu.edu
Thu Sep 8 03:24:16 CEST 2005

I tried searching through the archives to see if this problem has
already been answered, however I didn't see anything. I apologize if I
missed the answer, which is entirely possible - especially because I'm
relatively new to pdftex.
I'm writing in the book format and when I link to a theorem the
hypertext link always goes to first chapter. Here is a simple example
of what I'm writing:

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{book}
\newtheorem{therm}{Theorem}[chapter]
\usepackage[pdftex,bookmarks,colorlinks]{hyperref}
\begin{document}

\chapter{One}
\begin{therm} \label{therm:one}
Blah Blah
\end{therm}

\begin{enumerate}
\item \ref{therm:one}
\item \ref{therm:two}
\item \ref{therm:three}
\end{enumerate}

\chapter{Two}
\begin{therm} \label{therm:two}
Blah Blah
\end{therm}

\begin{enumerate}
\item \ref{therm:one}
\item \ref{therm:two}
\item \ref{therm:three}
\end{enumerate}

\chapter{Three}
\begin{therm} \label{therm:three}
Blah Blah
\end{therm}

\begin{enumerate}
\item \ref{therm:one}
\item \ref{therm:two}
\item \ref{therm:three}
\end{enumerate}

\end{document}

After compiling this into a pdf document, if I click on any of the
links labeled "2.1" or "3.1" they will take me to Theorem 1.1. Any thoughts?