[pdftex] kpathsea environment variables

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Tue Sep 6 11:06:15 CEST 2005

Geoffrey Alan Washburn <geoffw at cis.upenn.edu> wrote:

>  Given that kpathsea
> seems like a rather mature piece of software, it seems kind of strange
> that it doesn't have some way of listing/querying which environment
> variables it is currently configured to examine.

Such a feature would really be good.  Perhaps the problem is that
kpathsea is mature, but more in the sense of a piece of old soft cheese:
Some find it excellent, others just think it smells...

A rewrite is under way, maybe then we'll also get a library
documentation and such a query mechanism.  I'm Cc'ing Karl who's doing
much of this work.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster