[pdftex] Replacement for psframebox?

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Nov 15 16:50:36 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 10:21 am, Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:
> I've been recently revising an old document and in a few places it uses
> the following macro to put boxes around bits of syntax
>
> \newcommand{boxy}[1]{\psframebox[framesep=1pt,linewidth=0.5pt]{#1}}
>
> The problem is that I've become somewhat enamored with the new
> microtypographic features of pdftex.  And is well known, PSTricks is not
> compatible with pdftex.

AFAIK You can use pstricks in pdftex if you specify dvi output,
and then go through two extra steps (dvips followed by ps2pdf) to
create the pdf file. Possibly the pdftricks package would apply
also; I have never used it.

I am of course referring to pdftex and not pdflatex. What goes on
in pdflatex I don't know.

John Culleton