[pdftex] OT: PDF Security

Michael Chapman pdftex at mchapman.com
Mon May 2 16:04:00 CEST 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 11:25 am, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> On 5/2/05, Michael Chapman <pdftex at mchapman.com> wrote:
> > It's off topic, but seems to be hitting the news this morning (and as
> > commented on an other thread the usability of PDFs now and centuries into
> > the future does come into play ...)
> >
> > "Copy-and-Paste Reveals Classified U.S. Documents
> >
> > "In March, U.S. troops in Iraq shot to death Nicola Calipari,
	. . .

> > The 'redacted' version was made with "Acrobat PDFMaker 6.0 for Word"
> > with ... yes, you're ahead of me ... with "Security Method: None".
	. . .
> As usual media is barking on the wrong tree. Document Properties of
> the faulty pdf file
> show that it was produced by Acrobat PDFMaker 6.0 for MS Word and
> authored by richard.thelin. Therefore this dummy painted in MS Word
> the words to hide and printed to PDF and the security was violated
> with the original MSW document.
	. . .

Don't disagree, but presumably
	"Selecting Text and Graphics: Not Allowed"
would have kept this underwraps ?

I admit it would be pretty lousy security, but what the ... the Neo-Zionists
that caused the present mess have got away with it for four years (18 Aug
2000): Their "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources
For a New Century"
<http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf>
contains the wonderful document information "Author: Hectoring Hegemons", yet
googling for that produced nothing in 2004. (It seems now to have finally
been published.)

They must have upset someone in the office ;-)>

Reminiscent of Freud's alleged manuscript addendum to his certificate of
having been well treated: "I could recommend the Gestapo to anyone" ....
perhaps certain types of people just lack a sense of humour .... (and
observation).

Michael Chapman