[pdftex] colorlinks=true in ps2pdf

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jul 28 23:32:13 CEST 2005

  > Let me try to be more clear. There is foo.html and the friend of
  > mine wants to convert it to foo.pdf, which on our computer can be
  > done by

  > html2ps foo.html
  > foo.ps ps2pdf foo.ps

  > Now links become boxed which is the default in pdf. However, he
  > would like to have them colored instead. Is there a way to do this
  > and also set Document Properties without using Acrobat? I am aware
  > that neither hyperref nor TeX are executed and \hypersetup is
  > ignored but I wonder if it is possible to configure ps2pdf in the
  > way that affects foo.pdf in the same way as \hyperrefsetup would
  > affect it, if we started from foo.tex

AFAIK that's not that easy.  PostScript doesn't know about hyperlinks
at all, but there is an operator called "pdfmark" which allows you to
insert PDF code into a ps file.  It is ignored by your printer, but it
is evaluated by ps2pdf.  I assume that html2ps makes use of it.

What you have to do is to write a program which modifies the argument
of pdfmark accordingly.  But this requires some knowledge about PDF.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25