[pdftex] update to pdfbook utility

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 15:13:11 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Jaap Eldering wrote:
> Thus I think that although it's functionality is fully contained in
> the pdfpages package, it still is a convenient wrapper command-line
> utility around that.

The only non-trivial code in pdfbook.c is the one I "stole" (with
appropriate acknowledgment) from psutils/psbook.c which does the page
collation in the correct sequence. The reason I wrote that code is because
I did not know that pdfpages has signature= parameter which has the same
code written in TeX language.

So, this collation can be done automatically inside pdfpages. Are you
aware of this? If you are aware of this and still think pdfbook is useful
then that's fine, I will gladly review your improvements and we'll
together post it to ctan. But maybe you didn't know about signature=
parameter of pdfpages and now you know and see that this leaves very
little, if anything, to the usefulness of pdfbook? Please let me know
your opinion.

(I can't believe I would ever be arguing that the programs I wrote are
of no use :)

Kind regards
Tigran