[pdftex] NEWBIE: pdftex (file pdftex.map): cannot open font map file

Joerg Heinrich jh at wol.de
Wed Jan 26 17:30:58 CET 2005

Hi,
I'm using teTeX 2.0.2 (from source) and tried to replace
the pdftex version from this distribution, with the Version 1.20b (from
source).
I could compiling it, recreate the format files. But if I try to create a
PDF file, I've got following error:
    pdftex (file pdftex.map): cannot open font map file
I've check this with the command:
    kpsewhich pdftex.map
and got following output:
    /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map
If I'm trying the kpsewhich version in the source tree of pdftex,
the file can't be found. Only with the following command:
    ${PDFTEX_SOURCE_TREE}/kpsewhich --format='dvips config' pdfex.map
will find the file.
Have I forgot some configuration steps?

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß
Jörg Heinrich

Am Heiligenberg 3 | 27305 Bruchhausen-Vilsen
Telefon (04252) 399-54 | Fax (04252) 399-44
jh at wol.de | http://www.wol.de