[pdftex] Link to attached file?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 15:04:03 CET 2005

I) I just found the discussion in

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_frm/thread/bee4ab0d9dbc4829/ff9c115f4b84b1f2?lnk=st&q=attachfile+group%3Acomp.text.tex&rnum=1&hl=en#ff9c115f4b84b1f2"

and while prescription does not seem to allow use of xr-hyper and
labels, it is workable.
Hopefully,  attachfile2 (waiting with impatience) will address this.
Starting from Heiko Oberdiek example I managed to make link to parent
and sibling (and no doubt it will work all along pdf ``family tree'').

II) Another discussion

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_frm/thread/bee4ab0d9dbc4829/ff956293d98d3e03?lnk=st&q=attachfile+group%3Acomp.text.tex&rnum=9&hl=en#ff956293d98d3e03

covers how to attach the same file few times without ``physically''
reattaching it. The advantage over the first approach is that it works
with any files.

III) Now the question: If I attach non-pdf file which has anchors
(say, foo.html) how can I make a reference to the specific anchor
there: say foo.html#part3?

Prescription in (I) does not work since it is not \pdflink. I failed
to find anything relevant in PDFreference

Thank you in advance
                            Victor