[pdftex] Link to attached file?

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Dec 10 13:20:51 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 10:12:33AM -0500, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> With the attachfile package one can attach different files, including pdf
> files. With hyperref (especially combined with xr-hyper)  package one
> can make links to the specific anchors in the external pdf files.
>
> Is it possible to make a link to the specific anchor in the attached pdf file?
> It is possible with Adobe Acrobat but I am interested in the LaTeX solution

It is possible, Adobe's PDF specification knows "Embedded Go-To Actions",
see section "8.5.3 Action Types". Unfortunately neither attachfile*,
hyperref, or xr* support this. But you can study their code (hyperref's
/GoTo or /GoToR links, file specification from attachfile) and
write your own macros that implement the /GoToE action.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>