[pdftex] pdftex -ini

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Sep 9 22:06:00 CEST 2004

    > I'm not sure but ini mode do NOT perfomrs any assignments. As ar
    > as I know, even config is not read in this mode. pdftex.cfg is
    > read after loading the format, so to enforce \pdfoutput=1 in the
    > format one should probably say \everyjob{\pdfoutput=1}. Hey
    > people, am I right?

AFAIK, pdftex.cfg had been read at the very beginning before the
format file was loaded.

The latest (beta) releases of pdftex do not read pdftex.cfg any more.
All variables which had been defined in pdftex.cfg previously can be
set in the tex file now, either in the format file or later.  The
value of \pdfoutput is used when the first page is shipped out.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25