[pdftex] pdfLaTeX in SuSE 8.1: fuzzy fonts

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Mar 25 00:08:17 CET 2004

    > It doesn't support all of ISO latin1, so I added
    > \usepackage{aecompl} which provided some more characters and I
    > hacked a small aecomplcompl.sty to cover the missing "sterling"
    > glyph needed for \pounds.  The pdf looks nice.

This works for me:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{ae}
\begin{document}
\pounds\textit{\pounds}
\end{document}

It uses $TEXMF/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmu10.pfb and
$TEXMF/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmti10.pfb .

There is a package zefonts.sty on CTAN which does the same as ae.sty
but it steals some missing glyphs from Times and Helvetica.

    ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/fonts/zefonts

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25