[pdftex] circled text

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 11:32:41 CET 2004

> the_shelter <pdftex at the-shelter.de> writes:
>
> > I could not find any arguments for bending or shaping text.
> > I.e. if I want to  create a line of text going in a circle with circle
> > radius x (like the text on the edge of a CD going round the CD) , how
> > can I do this in pdf(la)tex?
>
> This is a pstricks sort of thing, it's not available in pdflatex.

well, it is, in a roundabout sort of way: both the pdftricks and the
ps4pdf packages provide a means of glopping a chunck of pstricks code
and generating a small pdf image from it, to be included by pdflatex.

this is capable of being pretty slow, but it's better than nothing.

(since putting things on an arc involves computation, it may be that
it's impossible in pdf, anyway.)