[pdftex] How to include multi-page CCITT Group4 TIFF images?

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 14:44:11 CET 2004

Hi,

I checked the FAQ and this question has no answer there. I tried the way
suggested by the PDF User Manual:

\documentclass[pdftex,a4paper]{book}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
\pdfximage{Panin-G4.tif}\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage
\end{document}

and I get an error:

Error: pdflatex (file Panin-G4.tif): unknown type of image
 ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!

I use TeXLive2003 distribution and the image looks like this:

$ identify -verbose Panin-G4.tif
TIFF Directory at offset 0x8
  Subfile Type: multi-page document (2 = 0x2)
  Image Width: 1200 Image Length: 1800
  Resolution: 300, 300 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 4
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
  FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
  Artist: "1996-98 AccuSoft Inc., All rights reserved"