[pdftex] Problem with hlines in pdftex

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Thu Jun 24 23:50:58 CEST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> Do the rules and rectangles overlap?  If not, I don't see any reason
> to change the order in which they are displayed.

No, they don't overlap, have checked it in the pdf with compresslevel 0.
Everything is mathematically correct. Also changed the way rules are
drawn, switched from stroked lines to rectangles in pdftex.ch. No
change, still ugly. So the renderer (xpdf, acroread) is guilty (doing a
very difficult job in this case). Actually e. g. only the colored areas
to the _right_ of the vertical rules are hiding them, as they are drawn
after the vertical rules. Checked this by changing the numbers slightly
in the pdf file. One way to do it could be to give some extra left
margin to the color areas right from the rules. But this would be
tweaking the symptoms, bad. If the rules would come later than the
background, by some layering technique, it would be visually ok for
sure.

Regards, Hartmut