[pdftex] Re: slightly OT: tables in pdflatex

Morten Høgholm moho01ab at student.cbs.dk
Fri Jun 18 14:27:46 CEST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:42:14 +0200, franciszek holop
<fred at pentacom.sk> wrote:

> hello,
>
> i know i am offtopic, but please help me if you can.

If you know you're off topic, why didn't you choose a more appropriate
forum like comp.text.tex?

> please tell me which packages you use when you want
> to make tables: spanning more pages, cells containing
> paragraphs(not just one line, and taking \\) and can
> align the cells vertically and horizontally(centered).
>
> currently i am struggling with:
> \usepackage{mdwtab}
> \usepackage{tabularx}
>
> and probably that is even not for more pages.
> (didn't get there yet ;-)
>
> i am interested in the advices of more experienced
> table-makers...

Read all the advice given in the TeX FAQ
<URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html> under the title "Tables,
figures and diagrams"
--
Morten Høgholm