[pdftex] \escapes and /Limits

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 3 17:45:31 CEST 2004

Greetings Hartmut (and all),

    Below is some buggy change
    file, but at least, on some input file like

Thank you for reading and understanding what I was getting at :).
Even a start at a fix is great progress.

    BTW, TeX-like i don't even understand why
    some \nno does end up in the PDF file when it's \let \relax.

Maybe if a control sequence is unexpandable, pdftex writes the \string
version of it?  (Totally wild guess with no real clue. :)

    P.S. maybe one should switch to the ntg-pdftex list

I'll send a note there.

I guess this is another subject, but can we make pdftex --help display
the right address to send reports to?  Right now it says
tex-k at mail.tug.org, which I'm sure is not the best.  Either pdftex or
ntg-pdftex would be better, I imagine ...

Thanks much,
karl