[pdftex] hello and color question

pawcoo jackos1 at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Apr 15 21:57:56 CEST 2004

Hi all pdfTeX users!

My name is Pawe/l (Paweł). I've just subscribed this list. I'm quite new
to pdfTeXniques and let say upper intermediate to TeX in general.

1. Is there any generic way to save current color (i.e. text color),
change it and than restore the previous using PDF operators?
I know I can always say

\pdfliteral{0 g}
black text
\pdfliteral{.1 .2 .3 rg}
nice text
\pdfliteral{0 g}
black text again

or do it in smarter way with TeX definitions, but is there any PDF
operator like save_color / restore_color?

2. Graphic state of PDF page is restored to defaults at the begining of
each page. Therefore the following code

\pdfliteral{.1 .2 .3 .4 k}
first page
\vfill\eject
second one
\end

will produce only first page colorized. Is there any way to set some
color for the whole documents expect invoking \pdfliteral{...} in output
routines? Is it possible to do that with \pdfpagesattr?

Thanks and best regards, Pawe/l