[pdftex] OT: pdfWriter (was: distiller vs pdf(la)tex (not a flame war, just asking for info))

Martin Schröder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Thu Nov 13 21:04:20 CET 2003

On 2003-11-13 12:11:59 -0500, William Adams wrote:
> Correct, by way of a PostScript file. By contrast, pdfWriter really
> mangles things using some really convoluted system posing as a printer driver.

Does pdfWriter still go through GDI or is it just a way to hide
the printing to PS? I heard rumours that it silently installs a
PS printer driver and uses that (I have neither Word nor Win but
I'm curious).

Best regards
    Martin
               Martin Schröder, ms at artcom-gmbh.de
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany
          Voice +49 421 20419-44 / Fax +49 421 20419-10
                    http://www.artcom-gmbh.de