[pdftex] m-metapo in pdflatex

Martin Jansche jansche at ling.ohio-state.edu
Wed May 21 16:08:57 CEST 2003

Hi,

I was following the pdfTeX-FAQ's suggestions (section 5.4.1) to use
m-metapo in conjunction with graphicx for including metapost output.
However, I can't even get a file as simple as the one listed in the
FAQ to compile (I'm using teTeX 2.0.2).  Running pdlatex terminates
with the following error message:

! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \MPobjectcounter

l.701 \newcounter\MPobjectcounter

I tried searching for includeMPgraphics in the list archive, but that
produces an "htdig Archives Access Failure", so I don't know whether
this is a known issue.

Thanks for any pointers,

- martin