[pdftex] \pdfobj extended [was: Forward looking object references]

Igor Khomyakov igorkh at optonline.net
Wed Mar 26 22:19:02 CET 2003

Thanh,

Are you planning to implement the same functionality
(reserveobjnum/useobjnum) for \pdfxform and \pdfximage? For example:

\pdfxform reservexformnum
\count1=\pdflasxform
Page 1 of \hbox{\pdfrefxform\count1}
\hrule
First page content ...
\vfill\eject
Page 2 of \hbox{\pdfrefxform\count1}
\hrule
Second page content ...
\setbox0=\hbox{\folio}
\pdfxform usexformnum \count1 0
\pdfrefxform\pdflastxform
\bye

Thanks!
Igor.

PS: I compiled and ran the new version on Solaris 2.6 -- works nicely!