[pdftex] Extending pdftex

G. D. Brettschneider pdftex at GDBrettschneider.de
Wed Jul 2 17:02:57 CEST 2003

Hans Hagen wrote:

> there are several kind of extensions:
>
> (1) turning typeset text into pdf
> (2) providing pdf (viewer) specific functionality
> (3) adding pdf file manipulation features

> (...) one reason for removing encryption for instance was that it
> crept in all over the code (...)

Personally, I'm missing basic graphic functionality on the level of TeX
primitives, so that I could write e.g. "\draw fullcircle scaled 3pt
shifted 1.5pt". Now that I hear you talking about adding new thingies to
and removing old ones from the code: Is it possible to compile old and
stable MetaPost into the pdfTeX cluster to get this?

Gerolf