[pdftex] Page numbers in pdf file.

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Feb 22 17:54:21 CET 2003

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 09:43:47AM +0000, John Culleton wrote:

> On Saturday 22 February 2003 05:20, Martin Jansche wrote:
>
> >   \usepackage[pdfpagelabels]{hyperref}
> >
> > A less straightforward way would be to set up /PageLabels directly
> > in \pdfcatalog{}.
>
> Since I use pdfetex and not pdfelatex the second option is of
> interest. I tried
> \pdfcatalog{/PageLabels}
> ...and the file processed successfully but Acrobat reader errored off
> with error 122. So can someone correct my code please?

* If you are using "pdfetex" then you should be able to
  read and understand the PDF specification. The syntax
  of PDF dictionaries and the value of the key /PageLabels
  are described there.
* Also, as plain-TeX user you should be able to look at
  the code, used in hyperref to generate the page labels.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>