[pdftex] Asymmetric margins

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Dec 31 18:07:28 CET 2003

In plain pdftex, how does one make the inner margin alternate
from even to odd pages. The idea is to give a bit more room on
the inner margin, which is the left margin on odd pages and
right margin on even pages. I have tried adjusting either
\hoffset or \pdfhorigin, in the header routine and then the
footer routine. No combination has any effect.

Changes to \hoffset take place on the next page, not the current
page. I don't know what the rules are for \pdfhorigin but I
suspect they are the same.

Must I dig into the output routines to make this alternation
work?
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers