[pdftex] xpdf markers

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Dec 16 22:17:31 CET 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 03:30 pm, Gerree Pecht wrote:
> Mr. Culleton:
>
> How does it work with when trying to view ``random'' pages"
>
> xpdf foo.pdf 101,156,173?
>
> advise.
>
> Thanks!
> Gerree P. Pecht
It gives an error message. Like most viewers it operates in a
serial fashion. The page number option allows you to start
things off at a physical page.

I am working within Vim and calling pdftex and a viewer (now
xpdf) from a macro.  Since the TeX source doesn't know about
page numbers it would be useful to embed a marker at the current
spot in the file so that it would open at about the area where I
am editing. But the marker method is not known to me.  Hence my
question.
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers
http://wexfordpress.com