[pdftex] Installing on RedHat server

chiari mario chiari.hm at flashnet.it
Tue Aug 5 19:14:42 CEST 2003

Dear All,

sorry to bother, please be nice and save me from the ordeal to look at  the
documentation. Thanks

This is my (pratical) problem.

My ISP runs a RedHat server pack (as far I understand).
He has not an idea on what TeX is, although he claim it shuold be
installed, if TeX is within the pack (is it?)

(If Tex is already there,) he is happy to install pdf(la)tex, if I instruct
him on how to do, step by step.

Is anybody so nice to write for me/point out to me clear instruction I may
pass to my ISP man?
Thanks
my best

mario

ps My final goal is to call pdflatex from a php script, as to produce a
.pdf output from data stored by mysql. As a intermediate step php 'writes'
a .tex file. On my home machine (Win98 +  EasyPhP), a preliminary example
works.