[pdftex] pstricks

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Sep 29 15:38:17 CEST 2002

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 08:39:41 -0400
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> Thanks, but I am using pdfetex not pdflatex. I examined the above file
> and it is full of LaTeX-specific code. I supppose I could do a diff
> between it and pstricks.tex to extract the differences but I am hoping
> there is an easier way.

I think you must be making some small mistake. If I take a
pstricks file, add \pdfoutput=0, run pdfelatex on it, and then dvips,
it works just as it oughta. You must be failing to load the right
driver for pstricks, dependin on what dvi driver you use. No, sorry, I
don't have any idea how to do it - I last used plain TeX in 1985 :-}

If you want an alternative, learn Metapost. A very powerful system,
although not as friendly as pstricks IMHO.