[pdftex] Extra fonts in PDF file

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 12 21:59:06 CEST 2002

> On more complicated files, using hyperref and other packages the files start
> to use different fonts and different encodings such that it complains it
> can't find my new font and substitutes a CM font.
> I used T1-WGL4.enc to encode and use font encoding T1 (I think), but the
> warnings in the log complain about not being able to find OMS/ encoded
> fonts.

take a look at

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fontunavail

> The question is how can I find what is causing these extra fonts to appear
> and is there an easy way to force my fonts to be used. I have already set
> sfdefault and rmdefault to use my font family.

find out which things are causing the problem, and correct them.  so,
for example, if (as in the faq answer) it's \textbullet and your font
has a bullet in it, redefine \textbullet to use the font character.
if you can't find a non-oms-encoding instance of the character, change
the command you're using.  repeat until done.

other characters that get taken from oms are \{ \} and \textbackslash