[pdftex] possible metapost inclusion bug

Patrick Riley pfr+pdftex at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 23 12:37:32 CEST 2002

I have a bug involving the colors of multi-level metapost files, but I
don't know whose bug it is and I'm hoping someone can either help me
or tell me where the right place to go is.

Here's the setup.

* I have a .fig file created with xfig version 3.2.3d. It contains some
  black circles.

* I export the file to a .mmp multi-level metapost file.

* I then run mpost version
MetaPost (Web2C 7.3.1) 0.641
kpathsea version 3.3.1
to convert the .mmp to .0, .1, etc. files.

* If I look at the files with gv, I get an error, but the circles are
  drawn in black.

* I create a tex file which changes the color to 0.0,1.0,0.0 in RGB.

* I use mpmulti.sty (of 20 Mar 2002) and \multiinclude to include the
  .0, .1, etc files.

  Some (hopefully relevant) file versions
% head -5 `kpsewhich supp-pdf.tex` `kpsewhich supp-mis.tex`
==> /usr/local/lib/texmf/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.tex <==
%D \module
%D   [       file=supp-pdf,
%D        version=2000.10.14,
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ Support Macros,
%D       subtitle=\METAPOST\ to \PDF\ conversion,

==> /usr/local/lib/texmf/tex/context/base/supp-mis.tex <==
%D \module
%D   [       file=supp-mis,
%D        version=1997.01.04,
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ Support Macros,
%D       subtitle=Missing (For Generic Use),

* I use pdflatex to process the file
gs231:/usr2/pfr/mail % pdflatex --version
pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.7x) 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211
kpathsea version 3.3.7

* When I look at the pdf file (before or after running PPower4 on the
  file), some of the circles are drawn in the test color of green
  instead of the black they are supposed to be.

A minimal tex file, some relevant style files, a (probably
non-minimal) fig files, and some of the intermediate files are
available at
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pfr/includebug.tgz

Thank you for any help you can give.

--