[pdftex] ANN: AcroTeX eDucation Bundle, Update

story at uakron.edu story at uakron.edu
Sat Oct 19 10:51:11 CEST 2002

I've uploaded an updated version of the AcroTeX Bundle at

http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/webeq.html

Changes: With the help of Mark Wicks, I've extended the overlay capabilities outlined in the
original announcement (below), to include support for the dvipdfm application.
dvipdfm had difficulty properly setting the custom paper size when overlays contained
PDF annotations (links, for example). As a fix, within Web.sty,  the  macro,
\@ShipoutPicture, of the eso-pic Package, is redefined.  (The order of execution of the
two "hooks" ESO at HookI and ESL at HookII are reversed.)

Now all seems to work correctly with dvipdfm as well.

Regards,

dps

%----------- Previous Announcement -----------------------------%

I've just uploaded a new version of the "AcroTeX eDucation Bundle".

http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/webeq.html

New features:
Web Package: I've used eso-pic and everyshi to add the ability to
create background colors, overlays, and (navigational) panels.
Seems to work correctly for dvipsone, dvips and pdftex drivers.

indDLJS Package: This is the package that inserts document javascript into
the pdf doc.  I've created two new environments: execJS and defineJS .

With the execJS environment, you can write what I call executable and
discardable JavaScript.  This is a post-creation document addendum (as I
call it) technique. The demo file for this is the file execjstst.pdf. It
features an animation created entirely from LaTeX source code (the GUI of
Acrobat is not used). Now for the bad news, the execJS requires Acrobat
5.0 or higher (the full application not the Reader).  This is needed only
for document addendum by the document author. After the discardable
JavaScript executes, and the document is saved, the document can be viewed
by Reader.  Note: Distiller is not needed, so you can create your document
using pdftex, but you need Acrobat to perform the magic after creation.

The other environment, defineJS, allows you to write field-level
JavaScript code conveniently.

Now, I must get back to work.

Regards,

dps
Dr. D. P. Story
The University of Akron
Akron, OH  44325

tele: (330) 972-7514
e-mail: dpstory at uakron.edu
Home Page: http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/

Home of ...

e-Calculus: A Calculus I Tutorial on the WeB.
Written in TeX and converted to the PDF format.
See it at http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/e-calculus.html

and of ...

An Algebra Review in 10 Lessons
TeX to PDF