[pdftex] calculating in LaTeX

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 15:23:03 CEST 2002

this is a latex question not a pdftex one, so it's teh wrong list but
anyway

> not work, because 2*#2 is not evaluated.

I think it would be if you loaded calc package, otherwise declare a new
length, \mylength in the document preamble then you could go

\newcommand{\mycommand}[2]{\begin{figure}
\setlength{\mylength}{#1} \includegraphics[height=\mylength,
width=2\mylength]{#1} \end{figure}}

> Is there any way to evaluate expressions?
see the calc package.

David