[pdftex] Setting zoom

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Nov 30 00:27:34 CET 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 07:54:28PM +0100, Dorthe Luebbert wrote:

> I want acrobat reader to open a pdf with 133% zoom (because images look
> really good with 133% magnification)

Perhaps for your screen resolution and your window size of AR.
But another user can see only the left part of the lines
or another one with a large screen sees only a "stamp".
I think, "fit to size", "fit to width", or "fit to visible"
are much better choices.

> Is it possible to configure this in the .tex-file?

Of course:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{calc}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\hypersetup{%
  pdfstartview=XYZ %
    \hypercalcbp{\oddsidemargin+1in} %
    \hypercalcbp{\paperheight-\topmargin-1in%
                 -\headheight-\headsep} %
    1.33,%
}
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents
\section{Hello World}
\section{Foo bar}
\end{document}

The possible options with arguments are explained
in the PDF specification (Fit, FitH, FitBH, ..., XYZ).
\hypercalcbp can be used for calculation the options
and either e-TeX or package calc is required.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>