[pdftex] pdf_minorversion

Martin Schroeder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Fri Nov 29 15:17:01 CET 2002

On 2002-11-29 14:42:51 +0100, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> I get this when compiliing
>
> >Warning: pdftex (file
> >/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/pdftex/config/pdftex.c
> >fg): invalid line in config file: `pdf_minorversion 4'
> >}
>
> Version 3.14159-1.10a-devel (Web2C 7.3.8)
>
> It is a harmless warning. I do not recall how this cfg file came there.
> What is this or is this supposed to be?

>From the NEWS file:
- The new primitive \pdfoptionpdfminorversion sets the pdf version of the
  generated file and the latest allowed pdf version of included pdfs:
        \pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3
  tells pdfTeX to set the pdf version to 1.3 and allows only included pdfs with
  versions <= 1.3 .
    The default for \pdfoptionpdfminorversion is 4 for pdf 1.4
    This must appear before any data is written to the generated pdf file, so
  you should it put at the very start of your files.
    This can also be set in pdftex.cfg with pdf_minorversion

It's broken before 1.10a-beta-20021028

Best regards
        Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, MS at ArtCom-GmbH.DE
          ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Straße 8, D-28359 Bremen