[pdftex] Set background color

Nath Rao nathrao at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 23 06:36:15 CET 2002

Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 06:08:44PM -0800, Nath Rao
wrote:

[I had written]
>> It seems that the pdf file produced by pdftex has
>> some instructions to set the background to white

>AFAIK no.

Of course. I realized this after I sent my message.
I mistakenly thought that pdftex did something that I
had actually put in.

>You can reinvent the wheel or use the LaTeX
> color package

You have re>design< the wheel (and the transmission
...) before you can put it on a different vehicle.

My trouble is that I am trying to move old notes from
8-10 years ago from producing transparancies that get
filled in in places by hand to something I can project
from the computer, with  different stages being
different pages. Changing to LaTeX at the same time is
more than I want to do. [Anyway, I am not sure that
PPower can make things pop out in the middle or
cycle over a sequence of metapost figures.] And I was
already diddling with the output routines.